Sunday 5 July 2009

Florida!

Wooohooo! Marc and I are finally on vacation in Florida! We are having a fabulous time and we were so pleased to spent the 4th in this country that we both love so much (though, being British, we got quite a bit of slack yesterday!). Our resort is great, but the area is, well, disappointing. We're in Clearwater, and let's just say it's not quite what we were expecting or are used to. But you know what? Neither of us cares, because we're having so much fun and are just enjoying being together. We're staying at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort, which is fun, and on Tuesday we leave to Orlando, to visit Disney! 'Excited' is an understatement. At Disney we'll be staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge... can't wait!

Today I set out on my own, in search of a place that so many fellow bloggers have mentioned: Michaels. We don't have a rental car, so this involved two long bus rides, but I got there in the end and what can I say? I'm totally in love. I really didn't want to leave. If I had that in England I'd spend my whole paychyeck in there. I loved the Martha Stewart collection in particular. Oh, and that Wilton aisle! Heavenly.

Tomorrow we'll head to the acquarium I think... if any of you have tips for me please let me know!

Florida happiness to all xxxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, that is SO exciting! Each summer I plan to go to Florida and visit Disneyworld, but each time I end up not being able to go! Enjoy yourself!

Nadia said...

Florida is an awesome state to visit - I should know I live there. Hmmm. Well, you are going to Disney and that will rock. And I hear the Animal Kingdom lodge is really cool. I don't live in that area so I don't really have loads of tips on which places to visit ( I am in the southern part (Miami, Key West). But I have friends who are Disney freaks and they say that there is so much to do around that area. So, I am sure you all will find loads to enjoy. Have fun!!And don't forget to ride the tea cups:)

Anonymous said...

Go to Bush Gardens! Mad rides for grown ups a plenty. Disney's nice, but after a while you feel silly sitting in another toy car/aeroplane/teacup/pirate ship going 2 miles an hour along a fairy lit track. Try the water rides and roller coasters at Bush Gardens. Just don't eat first.
Also, Universal is excellent.
And my own personal mission for you, should you choose to accept it - try to find a salad in Orlando. Anywhere. A healthy one, not drowned in cheese or dressing. Good luck!

Pearl said...

oh my gosh Vanessa - how I wish you and Marc are vacationing in San Diego, instead! Next time, we must meet up together! I'm so glad to hear that you and Marc are having a wonderful time!