Monday 15 March 2010

Back and update

So here I am, back on the blog! I had missed blogging, but I couldn't unfortunately. My blog can be found on the internet when people look for my name, and I was going through recruitment processes where I needed to be anonymous. What there was to blog about I didn't want the world to know. I hadn't told my new employers about the wedding yet... so I had my reasons.

But I missed the blog and so I'm hoping to pick up where I left off.

Before I do, an update:

1. Less than 2 months till the wedding! Invites are out as of yesterday! It was a huge task to finish DIYing these, but they are finally done!

2. I am living in Guernsey for a few months with my new job. Guernsey is part of the Channel Islands. It's green and beautiful and people are so friendly. It was the only UK territory to be occupied in World War II. I'm looking forward to discovering more of its history as I stay here.

Yes, it's hard to be away from home (again) but it's a wonderful career opportunity. The City of London is so depressed that I had to be open minded and this company has been incredibly good to me. I hope I can make a good go of it. I'm travelling back and forth quite a bit, which is tiring, but it's worth it.

Hope you're all still around... looking forward to commenting more again and renewing the contact.

xxxx

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Miss you in London! We need to catch up properly.

Esme said...

Vanessa-I most definatley want to hear more and look forward to seeing some photos and hearing all about Guernsey-have you read the Guernsey Literary Society-you should be receiving your package any day now-I posted off the stickers to you about 2 weeks ago.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you're back! There is a definite privacy trade-off with blogging. And facebook.
Good luck with the job, Guernsey sounds nice.
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society was a good read.

Nadia said...

Totally understandable! Hope the new job is going well. Wow - Guernsey! I just read about that place in The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - what a great book. Good luck with everything!!

emlizalmo said...

SO...are you married yet? :)