Wednesday 11 March 2009

Update/weigh-in

I promised my lovely friend Audrey, in Paris, that I would update my blog after weigh-ins at Weight Watchers both so that I could hold myself accountable to her and so that we could motivate each other. 2.7lb or 1.2kg down. My Leader asked me how the week had been and whether I'd been following the plan. Honestly? I've just been too stressed out to be hungry. And certainly too busy to calculate points!

It's horrid, actually. The sight of most food makes me feel nauseous and all I seem to want to eat is salad and potatoes. It's not like me! I'm normally the one who moans about being hungry from about 10.30am and goes down to lunch before everyone else, at 12! Today I worked straight through lunch and ended up having lunch at 5pm. I just didn't have time to leave my desk. And I left at 11.20.

I am handling the stress a bit better though.

In this seat I will only have a 3 month appraisal. Normally there is one at the 3 and 6 month mark, but because this is my last seat and I will qualify in August there will be just one appraisal, as soon after that I will know in which department I will work once I am a solicitor, and at that point it is irrelevant how the last 3 months of this seat go.

Six months minus a week and a half and counting.....

This heart is for YOU, to thank you for your amazing comments....


5 comments:

Pearl said...

vanessa doll! i wrote you an e-mail at penpaperandcake@gmail.com... not sure if you received it :)

i'm SO glad to hear that things are going better - you are such a sweet girl that i can't imagine the supervisor NOT succumbing to your kindness and treating you better than she has already! :)

Sara said...

I know how stressful it can be to have a difficult situation at work. I hope things look up soon, hang in there!

Katie said...

I can't believe you have another awful supervisor, you really really don't deserve this treatment. Hope you're not still in the office...
xxx

emlizalmo said...

I'll tell you Vanessa...if you can make it through these next few months with her...you'll be prepared for anything! And way to go on 2.7 lb!

Steph said...

I'm exactly like you when it comes to hunger. I have to eat lunch at 11am and latest 12:30 or else I feel so hungry my hands get cold. I even try eating a bigger breakfast, but it doens't work.

I hope things get better at work!