Sunday 13 December 2009

Invitations invitations invitations

I've been working on these on and off for months now and suddenly I find I've made 80 pocketfolds.... I hadn't noticed the progress I've been making. It's true: making your own invitations takes a long time and comes with its frustrations (when you get stuck, mess things up, waste supplies) but the outcome is so incredibly rewarding. Depending on where you live making invitations yourself can save you a lot of money. In London I was quoted £800 for invitations, RSVPs and thank you notes and mine will come out at about £200. Mostly, though, it's pretty special to know that you have something unique and made by you. That's priceless.

I've just completed the mock up for the front of our invitation, now that the personalised stamp I ordered from Etsy has arrived. I love it!

I'm definitely going to put up instructions at some point, but in the meantime I wanted to share this picture.

0 comments: