Monday 21 December 2009

Rage Against the Machine

Am I proud or what? If you were to ask Marc what I moan about the most, he'd definitely say crap tv. Or any tv, for that matter. I'm just not a fan. I hate the noise and passivity. I hate the dross that we get given. I despise the lack of aspirational tv. The X Factor? I hate it with a passion. The mediocre teenagers on The X Factor (our version of American Idol). I'm so so SO bored of wet men singing wet songs with no imagination. I'm sick of the processed music that dominates the charts, the tacky tistasteful clothes, the misguided kids who are being used, the chav factor. The X Factor winning song has dominated the UK charts for four years now. Every year is more boring than the last.

So when I heard that there was a grassroots protest, that people with no budget whatsoever were trying to dislodge Simon's latest star Joe Mc Elderry from the charts it was, quite literally, music to my ears.

They asked people to download 'Killing in the Name' and Rage Against the Machine agreed that all proceeds should go to charity.

Best of all? That 70s song was Christmas no. 1!!! A people's revolt! I am proud of my countrymen! Seriously though, I hope this paves the way for some passion and interesting music rather than the manufactured pop we have had to endure for so very long. I think it's so unbelievably cool that these individuals made such a statement. They should run for Prime Minister.

0 comments: