Wednesday 10 December 2008

Grumpy

Ok, so I don't like to get too self-righteous/ grumpy on you but how much do you think a cake tin costs in France? A madeleine tin? A set of cookie cutters? Well, they are 30 euros, 20 euros and 26 euros respectively! That is about $100! That is the craziest thing I have ever heard!

Needless to say, I didn' t buy any of them, which has put paid to my baking ideas in the very near future. I mean, 3 gingerbread cookie cutters were $34. That isn't for real.

I was grumpy, so I treated myself to a mug some might deem ugly, but which I think is cute, and to some inspiring books on crafting. I am obsessed with red/white home decorations. Check out this brand, which I discovered tonight. I think it is divine. I dream of having a really rustic looking house. One whose mess is homely. One of my crafting books has ways to replicate these designs and I can't wait to get stuck in.







Whilst I'm at it, I thought I'd share with you some more photos of my way to work. Isn't it cool that I can see the Eiffel Tower from the metro? Apologies for the poor quality of these photos, but please remember that they are taken from a dirty moving carriage.





And, as promised, a picture of the snow. I know most of you are seeing more spectacular snow; still, to us, it is pretty special.





Wishing you all a lovely evening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful view you have on your way to work! I miss taking the train here. I used to go downtown for school and work, but now I work just west of my neighborhood, so no rail line goes by there, and I'm rarely in the loop anymore. It's weird when I go down there, and I'm sure you feel like this sometimes too, but I feel like a tourist in my own city. It's exciting, but kind of sad at the same time - I feel like I'll never have enough time to really claim ownership over anything in my life, because there's just too much to see, and not enough time to see it in. C'est la vie, no?

Pearl said...

oh my gosh! your mug is SO adorable! i found your blog randomly and wanted to tell you that the pictures you posted are gorgeous :)