Thursday 4 December 2008

Perfect flowers

Today something wonderful happened at work: Marc had flowers, the most resplendent beautiful flowers, delivered to my office. They made me grin from ear to ear with happiness. I knew that morning that they were coming because Interflora had called, and I was so excited! The delivery man didn't come til 5pm - it was a long wait!

Flowers are really some of my favourite things. They are just so beautiful and they make me so happy. I dream of a house filled with flowers! I have turned the heating down so they'll last longer. A habit of mine in to take photos of flowers I am given, so that I always have a memory of them. These photos don't capture my flowers' beauty, but I hope they brighten your screen and make you smile. They definitely lifted my spirits in a big way.

Big shout out to Marc: thanks honey! xxx




On my way home tonight I went to a gourmet shop to fill my little painted box. It was so much fun and I am so pleased with what I found: marzipan fruit, chocolate discs with nuts and marrons glaces, sugared chestnuts. They are a French delicacy and I adore them. Here's the finished product, which will make its way to London tomorrow morning in the post!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

miam miam

Anonymous said...

Awww... I used to get flowers... haha... :)

They're lovely.